19/07/2013

Homo Sentimentalis

"Man born to a civilization of sentiment, who has raised feelings to a category of value;
the human ability to empathize, but also to idealize emotions and make them servants of ideas".

Inspired by Milan Kundera's "Homo Sentimentalis" (Immortality, 1990)
and Michel Foucault's approach on human nature.
Imagine them busted in a gay bar with Mike Mareen!
here we go:



I’ve traveled freeways of time,
I’ve met my partners in crime
Read about your latest sin in a magazine
Now that love is just your fake identity: Homo Sentimentalis

No alternative voice
works when there can be no choice
Where’s the prison now and where’s the law?
I should have asked that bitch Michel Foucault

Love, Happiness, Fortune – Pile up your values on me
Pain, Misery, Torture – It’s a sentimental century

No comments:

Post a Comment